What is healing? A definition. This is a word that has many misunderstandings.
We are energy healers, and it is important to be recognized as healers in the right context, that of energy healing.
Definition of Energy Healing is:
- A journey, as well as a destination. Results may be immediate and lasting, or they may take time. This depends on the challenges to be solved, the healing modality used, and the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual condition of the person seeking healing.
- Partial or complete.
- What we want to happen or what we do not expect or think should happen. For example, when healing a painful knee, we may get total relief immediately, or we may initially experience no noticeable improvement in the knee itself. We may suddenly be aware of a pain in the hip that is being helped, we may experience and improvement in our gait or posture, or we may release unexpected emotions. In other words, the healing may need to go to the level of root causes first. Another example for that knee may be that there is damage beyond repair, and so the healing helps us halt or slow down the progress of deterioration of this body part.
- Congruent with what is best for the situation. This is known as the Highest Good. It is not up to us to decide what is right for us. Energy Healing helps us to get clarity and steers us in the right direction for us and our situation.
- Holistic. Your doctor will help you fix the symptom that is presenting when you attend a doctor appointment. A painful knee, after the appropriate tests, may be fixed with an operation on the knee. This approach completely ignores any slight imbalance at the hips, for example, which can be the cause of the knee damage in the first place. Eventually, the knee can become damaged again, or the other knee, or the hip can become painful. An operation may be done on the other knee, or the hip. A holistic approach would be to help the knee and any root causes.
- Complementary to conventional medical treatment. An infection, for example, may need to be treated with antibiotics. Energy healing helps you to be strong from inside, so you can fight off infections yourself in the future. Your practitioner can work with your doctor to ensure best results. There are doctors who are also energy healing practitioners, although this is rare.
Definition of Energy Healing is not:
- A cure in the medical sense of the word.
- Always in the direction we expect.
- Always for the preservation of life. (Terminally ill persons can be helped to die in dignity and less discomfort by energy healing. It may be that a complete cure is not possible.)
- Please note that the above is not always the case. It may well be that energy healing can help the person live for longer or even have a complete turnaround. It is best to approach healing with an open mind and a willing heart, and what will be will be.
- A substitute to appropriate medical care.
- Exclusive to any belief, creed, or religion.
- Done to the client. The practitioner or healer facilitates the client’s own healing process for the Highest Good.
- A treatment, a cure, anything involving diagnosis or giving of medicines or herbs.
Source of definition: Energy Healers Association